I’m not sure I should even admit this, but Fifty Shades of Grey came up as recommended reading on my Amazon page the other day. If that means nothing to you, please feel free to click off this page right now.
Fifty Shades of Greyis apparently an erotic novel. Basically, porn written down. The reason it came up on my list is because someone on Facebook had written about enjoying it on their status, and as a naive guy I then went and Google-searched for it. Thanks, Amazon, for tracking my history. Recommendation removed, now it’s back to geeky gadgets and Bible commentaries.
Anyway, I want to recommend something to you, the rest of the world: please don’t read this book, or anything like it. I’ve never read it, will never read it, and hope never to find out anything more about it, but I don’t think you should either. And I have good reasons for it, which I’ve shamelessly plagiarised from Girls Gone Wise:
- It violates God’s design for sex
- It violates the biblical concept of authority
- It violates the biblical concept of submission
- It encourages the sin of sensuality
- It promotes sexual perversion
- It glamorizes pathological relationships
- You won’t get it out of your head